MA Collection at London College of Fashion



My project is entitled ‘honeycomb’ because I am fascinated by its highly efficient structure and the fact that although each individual honeycomb is hexagonal in shape the structure as a whole is round.
I developed an interesting shape albeit one which did not involve space efficiency. However, if there is space efficiency, there is space inefficiency as well. Therefore, I incorporated both concepts into my collection.
In order to create an interesting effect, I have decided to use fur as my fabric. Because each kind of fur has a
different length of hair its effect is greater when I use a honeycomb pattern. I am targeting a young market because I think it has the possibility of being developed more in the future. To appeal to younger people, I have used vibrant colours. In addition, I followed a beehive shape to sustain my concept. My outcome is a collection of twelve garments including different items of clothing by using both an efficient and inefficient structure to produce a young and vibrant womenswear collection.